Green Roof/Landscape Laborer
Inhabitect is hiring both full and part-time Green Roof/Landscape Laborers for the 2017 season. Applicants should have experience in the landscaping, roofing, or carpentry or a degree/certificate in these industries. This position will serve both commercial and residential clients in and around the State of Michigan. Inhabitect is growing quickly and we seek applicants that are eager to get in on the ground floor and join a progressive and green minded company.
Work under the direct supervision of the owner of Inhabitect or project manager.
An employee in this position will be expected to perform any or all of the following essential duties. These are examples and exact duties may vary.
- Assist with the installation of green (vegetated) roofing, rain garden and green wall products and standard landscaping materials
- Assist with the planting of vegetation on rooftops and on the ground
- Assist with the maintenance of green rooftops and on the ground
- Ability to read and work from drawings and specifications as directed by superiors
- Assist with job site management and upkeep
- Repeatedly lift and carry 50+ lbs on a regular basis
- Work at heights, on ladders and outside must not be an issues
- Perform duties as requested by project manager with limited direct supervision
All of the following, or equivalent, are required:
- 2-4 years of experience work in landscaping, roofing or carpentry is preferred but not required. We will train the right candidate.
- Previous experience of operating heavy equipment, man lifts, or other machinery is a major plus
- Carry a valid drivers license (CDL, a plus) and own a vehicle is a must
- Possess a strong work ethic and work as a member of a team
- Possess good communication skills and be willing to learn
- Be willing to travel for work up to 2-5 days/week (travel expenses will be handled by Inhabitect)
Our wages are very competitive compared to similar positions in related fields. Starting wage will vary depending on experience and education level. These positions are entitled to Inhabitect’s limited benefits package including bonuses and incentive programs and overtime pay.
Full-time position: Average of 35-40 hrs per week with the potential for the occasional overtime (job dependent).
How to apply:
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please no calls or faxes